Datasyst Website Update - April 2021
I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. It’s been a while since I last shared some of my recent work.
In 2019, I was hired by a small Technology Repair and Service Provider to redesign their old website and train to become a Technician. Today, I’m the Lead Technician, and my responsibilities include not only the website and repairs, but also assisting in marketing, branding, repair procedures, diagnostics tools, and much more. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to develop sub-decent skillsets at this company.
Though I had planned to do a major website update a year after being hired, the ongoing pandemic put a halt to that and other web design projects. Now, I’m happy to say that I’ve spent some time polishing and reworking some things.
Check out the Newly Updated Website here
My goal with this update was to encourage more activity from visitors rather than just going straight to the contact us page. The Navigation Bar has been replaced with a basic Mega Menu that displays the Service Page Links. This, in my opinion, is preferable to having to search through multiple pages to find the right information.
The stock Feature Blocs we had were changed to Large Blocs with Cards for a more immersive feel. Huge Thanks to Eldar Gezalov for his video tutorial.
From a design standpoint, I went a little overboard with the Display-4 and lead classes, but I believe the larger texts added more to the page than seeing lots of empty space. The Buttons and Alerts were also tweaked slightly.
Lastly, I’m now using InStacks’ Volt CMS for the Resources and Documentation pages (Blog) so that my coworkers can make various changes and add their own procedures.